1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unread Mail Messages

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Wkatydid, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wkatydid

Wkatydid Thread Starter

I have Windows XP well for about 2 days now... And I'm pretty unfamiliar with it.

A lot of background to a little problem:

I initially had to sign up for a 30-day free trial with one ISP to download Compuserve, which is my usual ISP. I chose version 7.0 -- I don't know why, as I downloaded to my old computer (Windows 98) twice, and uninstalled back to version 6.0. I guess I thought it would work better in XP. Anyway, the second time I signed on, Compuserve kept freezing up on me. To make a long story short... if I'm not too late :eek: ... I ended up uninstalling 7.0 on the new computer, reinstalling, uninstalling, then putting 6.0 on.

The problem: Since the first install, I've had the message that I have 589 unread mail messages next to my Icon on the main screen. How do I get RID of this??? Surely it's just a minor annoyance, but I'd like it to be gone..

Thanks to anyone who can help!! :D

2. dai

dai

just bring them up and delete them,i set my email program to delete from server once read otherwise everytime you reinstall it thinks the ones left on the server are new ones

3. Wkatydid

Wkatydid Thread Starter

I've already done that. I have about 2 unread messages, not 589. The message never disappeared, even after the 2 uninstalls of Compuserve.

4. dai

dai

just guessing here
    can you delete the icon and then create it again by right clicking create shortcut and draging to the desktop

5. Wkatydid

Wkatydid Thread Starter

Was thinking about this one last night.....

Got up this am, and now it just said "logged in". ??

Now I'm confused:confused: LOL. Guess I'll have to see what it says next.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/202322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice