unreadable cd-r

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mr pyg

can anyone help with this problem all my copied cds wont read anymore,i can burn cds and they can be read anywhere else discman , car,stereo,etc but not my laptop that just made it . also when i look at the files in a folder they are all 44 bytes ?.

anyone had a problem like this ?

So the laptop will burn a cd just fine, you take the cd to your portable cd or car cd player and it works, but when you try to put the cd back into the laptop I does not read them and they are all 44 bytes. What OS are you using? I remeber something about this in W98 the update to se fixed that. Are you using the specific drivers for the CD or the Generic drivers? Try using the CD manufactures drivers.

mr pyg

thanks for your help,i have win xp .how can i tell if i am using the specific drivers for the CD or the Generic drivers and how would i use the CD manufactures drivers.

Well if open you control panel/system/hardware devise you will see a list of your computer's hardware, click on your cd drive the + will expand on that highlight and right click for properties, in the properties you will see a tab for drivers it will either say Microsoft generic or it will have a manufacture listed driver the version number etc. etc. you could at that point click upgrade driver and follow the default propts.

mr pyg

ok tried that it says it cant find a better driver than the one i have which is from microsoft my cd rw dvd drive is from sony

Check the device model number. Go to the manufacture website. Search support or download section and download driver(get the exe one for ease of use).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online