1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unreadable File Formats

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by realale, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realale

realale Thread Starter

When I recently made back-ups of my most important files,as a
    pre-amble to upgrading to XP,I used Nero V4 and used the IN-
    Packet writing element to back up the files to two CD/RW discs.
    All seemed to go well with the recording aspects as the Burn
    Successful notice came to the screen.However on trying to Re-
    Load the files from the CD/RW using the same Nero Software
    the Folders are All shown but not their contents,and yet the
    properties tag shows that the cd's are almost fully recorded,in
    a UDF File Format which nothing it seems can read.I Have also
    a similar problem with music files recorded using DataBecker which it saves as mcb files,a format seemingly not readable to
    any other media player or cd burning suite - Help |||||| :mad:

2. slipe

slipe

It is a long shot, but you might try downloading and installing Nero’s UDF reader and try reading it in your CD-ROM drive. http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm

I don’t use Nero but I think the latest version has an explorer/recovery applet to try to recover data you lose with InCD. It has a 30 day free trial. You would have to uninstall your present version before you install it. Same link.

Do you have XP on your computer now? If that is the case Nero 4 might not be useable even with the latest updates. Check the version history and get the latest update. You might also have to update the firmware for your burner.

If you have installed XP did you set it up for NTFS or FAT? It should read FAT files even if you set up for NTFS, but it is a computer and anything can happen.

If you haven’t made the transition and still have the data on the HD, erase the discs and record your stuff with Nero. I find it just as easy to drag/paste to a backup folder in Windows Explorer and record the folder multi-session. And the data is secure. Better yet put it on CDR and it is really secure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice