Unreal Tournament Freezes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

awergh

Unreal Tournament (original) Freezes

On my computer when playing Unreal Tounament my computer freezes duing play
and i have to restart the computer to do any thing again

My computer is a
Pentium III 733Mhz
128 MB RAM
Nvidia GForce4 MX 420
with windows 98 SE

Hello,

Do you have the latest patch installed for the game?
Do you have the latest hardware drivers installed?
Does it crash/freeze in the same place or is it different?
Do any other games crash/freeze?
Have you tried reinstalling the game?

awergh

freezes in various stages in the game,
reinstalled the game several times,
age of empires 2 freezes as well and the demo for the hobit.

Update your drivers, reinstall Directx, do a memory test with something like Memtest86+ and check whether the fan on the card is working.

Yeah, I'd check the vid card fan and also the CPU fan. if you don't have more than one case fan, that might cause a problem too. Also, check to see that the dust bunnies aren't running rampant in the case and around the motherboard.

You should also be running at least the 436 UT patch. You should either be using OpenGL or D3D. If you're using D3D, make sure it's the latest update(9.0c?)... Wichever you're using, you may want to try switching to the other(if you're using OpenGL, tell UT to use D3D, or vice versa).

If none of that works, updating your OS to Windows XP would probably clear up your issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online