1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unreal Tournament Reboots PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kablooie, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kablooie

Kablooie Thread Starter

Hey all

I've recently bought Unreal Tournament 2004 but I'm having a really tough time getting it to run smoothly... UT2004 randomly reboots my computer during play... I didn't overclock my computer at all, and I'm not having a heat problem because UT2004 is the ONLY game that reboots. I've installed the latest ATI drivers (Catalyst 5.2), the latest UT2004 patch (3339) and the latest directx drivers, but there's still rebooting going on! :mad: I've tested my RAM too, but everything was ok there. I know UT2004 is quite buggy and I also know quite a lot of people have rebooting problems too, but no one seems to have an awnser! Does anybody know what I can do to fix this REALLY annoying problem? I didn't spend a lot of money on the game only to use the DVD as a frisbee... Help me please!

greetz
    Kablooie

system : Intel P4 3Ghz with HT l Radeon 9800pro | 1024 MB's Ram

2. crushbone

crushbone

Hello Kablooie! :D

Just before your computer restarts, do you see a blue screen? :confused:

3. Kablooie

Kablooie Thread Starter

Hi

No, when I'm playing UT2004 all of a sudden the game freezes for about half a second and the computer just reboots, like pressing the reset button... :mad:

4. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Catalyst 5.2. The 5 series has a hanging problem.

Drop down to the 4 series. Get about 4.8 or 4.10. Quite stable and fewest bugs.

5. Andy Booth

Andy Booth

Alterntively google the Omega drivers, they solved my random restarts problem :)

6. Kablooie

Kablooie Thread Starter

Thanks for your help guys, but alas... no cigar... I've tried both drivers (omega AND Catalyst 4.8) but I still get the boot! I'm really running out of options here, aint I... It's SO frustrating being able to play a couple of minutes and then getting the whole reboot sequence! Strange thing is, newer games which are even more demanding on my system (Doom3, Half-Life 2, etc) all work like a charm, but THIS game just totally messes up... I'm trying not to give up just yet, but I'm getting the feeling I just won't be playing this game any time soon... if ever... *sigh* *sob* Does anyone have any other ideas? You'd be my hero forever :D

7. Kramer55

Kramer55

try catalyst 4.12
    those worked with freezing issues with my games

8. Kablooie

Kablooie Thread Starter

Hey guys

I don't think videocard drivers is the problem here... I've also tried Catalyst 4.12 now, but my puter still reboots a short while after playing UT2004 (It doesn't actually freeze, it just reboots), so it must be something else. Could it just be that UT2004 is an extremely buggy game?! But if it was, then a lot more people would be having these rebooting problems... Does anyone have any other ideas besides reinstalling videocard drivers? Coz doing that has no effect whatsoever... Hmmm, I wonder what a DVD would look like after putting it 10 minutes inside a microwave...

9. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Try checking the UT2004 official site's forum.

10. Kablooie

Kablooie Thread Starter

I checked out the forum, but everybody either says it's graphics drivers or a too low power supply... And I have already established that those don't apply to me. I've tried different drivers without any luck and my power supply is fine... So I really do not understand one bit why this game is giving me so much problems! ...Not to mention a serious headache!

11. cahallmxj

cahallmxj

Kablooie:
    Have you checked your event viewer to see what it says around the times the game crashes? start->run->eventvwr-> click the little notebook that says applications and then the one that says system.

m.a.c

12. tuffguy

tuffguy

Right click on my computer, select properties>advanced tab>startup and recovery>settings. Uncheck automatically restart and click ok. Then run UT2004 until it crashes and you should get a blue screen error message.

13. Kablooie

Kablooie Thread Starter

Hey guys

I turned off Auto Reboot and started playing the game. The game ran great for about 20 minutes (that's the longest I've ever played it!) but then it crashed again. I expected to see some kind of info in the blue screen, but instead there was absolutely nothing! The whole screen was just blue, no text. So I rebooted and checked the eventviewer. It doesn't give any errors in the appication log (weird...), but when I check the system errors I see 2 of them...

1. "The PSTRIP service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."

2. There's also a System Error log... It's catagory is 102 and it's event-ID is 1003.
    then it gives the following info :
    Foutcode; 100000d1, parameter1: f7a3f008, parameter2: 00000002, parameter3: 00000000, parameter4: f6cb279b.

When I check microsoft.com it doesn't give any additional information... Surprise surprise huh? hehe ;) Anyhow, this is all the info I can find on the crash... Again, this ONLY happens with UT2004... I hope anyone knows how to help!

greetz as always!

14. cahallmxj

cahallmxj

Kablooie:

This link might help you with the pstrip error if you are using that software or had it loaded at one point.
    http://entechtaiwan.net/forums/index.php

These next are concerning the system error. It looks like that the common problem associated with that paticular error is either faulty drivers that seem to cause a problem whenever somthing 3d is run in windows or defective video card.

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/126375.html

http://www.duxcw.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/727.html

15. aquabug9902

aquabug9902

I am having the same error, but it's not in URT2004 (I don't have it) but it is in The Sims2, Age of Mythology, and Halo (the 100000d1 error). The problem is not cause by my graphics card, It happend with my nVidia, which i just recently replace with an ATI, I STILL GET THE SAME PROBLEM!! Any Help? :(

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice