1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unrecognized Adapters?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lessthandan, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lessthandan

lessthandan Thread Starter

Hey all. According to my device manager, I have a NVIDIA GeForce 5200GT graphics card. There's no yellow circle with an exclamation point/question mark, so I assume it's installed properly. But when I look to see if the adapter shows up from the Advanced tab from Settings via right clicking off the desktop, nothing shows up.....

Theres 4 or 5 things underneath the adapter, but they all say "unrecognized" or "unregistered" or something like that, I just forget the exact text. Any thoughts/fixes? Thanks.

--Dan

2. jmwills

jmwills

Did you install the ChipSet drivers for that board?

3. lessthandan

lessthandan Thread Starter

Uhmm...maybe? Heh heh. I'm not the best when it comes to the graphics end. I know that I've updated the mobo with the nForce drivers to get most of my devices running, but I think thats the only thing I've done.

I would assume that I would need to go back to the NVIDIA site again to download the drivers for a 5200 card then, correct? I feel like I've done that before though, and I got some whacky error message.....

If thats not the case, then what else could be causing that?

4. jmwills

jmwills

Look in the Device manager under network adapters and see what is installed. If nothing is there, then there should have been a Yellow ! next to the device.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice