1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unsafe removal of device (Epson Stylus Photo RX600 printer)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by justbeary, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justbeary

justbeary Thread Starter

:confused: I just installed this printer and have Windows 2000. Everything works fine. The Epson dealer advised that if the printer was not being used to turn it off. He explained that Epson does not use print heads on the cartridges and if I turn it off the ink cartridges will last longer (not dry out or clog).

Okay, the problem - when I turn off the printer I get the following message:

Unsafe removal of device

The devices listed are: USB mass storage device and generic volume

I have even checked the box so that the unplug/eject button is supposed to show up on the toolbar. It does not.

I have tried to go into the add/remove hardware and it does not show anything in the box when I tried to unplug/exit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Just ignore the message. I get the same thing with my HP PSC-750. It's a bit annoying, but I have learned to live with it. :)

3. justbeary

justbeary Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. My husband was on the phone with Epson for over an hour. They concluded it was not the printer that caused this issue. They told him to call Microsoft because this could cause damage to the computer. Any other thoughts on how to resolve this?

P.S. The camera we use also used this USB port (before we got the printer) and it would unplug correctly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice