1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unsent but bounced back

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by milsorp, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milsorp

milsorp Thread Starter

When I send e-mails from my home machine the recipients often receive a message later saying that their message sent to an address, which was my previous works address, is undeliverable. They have not sent these messages. I have checked my system for a virus but the system is clean.

I can't see that this is a spammer using my old address to avoid return e-mails as the messages have only started with my recipients since I e-mailed them. I am the common denominator.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Spam trojans will spoof the "from" address by taking one off the infected PC at random.

They will not show as sent mail on the infected PC, as they use a stealth SMTP program.

As a trojan, some virus checkers may miss them. How have you confirmed that your PC is clean?

3. milsorp

milsorp Thread Starter

I've got AVG and Pitstop plus tried some other cleaners that I forget. I have notice before that each cleaner does not always pick up the same issues. I will try antra one.

Thanks for the suggestion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice