Unsent but bounced back

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

milsorp

When I send e-mails from my home machine the recipients often receive a message later saying that their message sent to an address, which was my previous works address, is undeliverable. They have not sent these messages. I have checked my system for a virus but the system is clean.

I can't see that this is a spammer using my old address to avoid return e-mails as the messages have only started with my recipients since I e-mailed them. I am the common denominator.

Spam trojans will spoof the "from" address by taking one off the infected PC at random.

They will not show as sent mail on the infected PC, as they use a stealth SMTP program.

As a trojan, some virus checkers may miss them. How have you confirmed that your PC is clean?

milsorp

I've got AVG and Pitstop plus tried some other cleaners that I forget. I have notice before that each cleaner does not always pick up the same issues. I will try antra one.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online