1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unsent e-mail in outlook express that won't delete

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rubeckf, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    For several months there has been an unsent e-mail that says it can't be sent to the address. Every time outlook express is opened it tries to send it and I can't get it deleted. Is there a way?? Thanks for any help on this.

2. BillC

BillC

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but have you actually opened your outbox, highlighted the e-mail,and clicked on delete and it still remains in there?

3. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    yes, several times. Now when it says there's mail in your outbox that hasn't been sent, do you want to send it now? I just say no and go on. This happens each time I go on there. I've tried everything I know to do.

4. BillC

BillC

I've never come across this one before and don't know if this will work, but go to your OE outbox, right click on the e-mail and then click on "move to folder" [choose a folder other than 'outbox']and see if that works. It is worth a try, huh?

5. sekirt

sekirt

Corrupted file may be the cause.
    1) take any emails you want to keep out of outbox.
    2) be sure OE is closed
    3) This is the DBX file you need to delete:
    OUTBOX.DBX

Here is where it is located (Win 98). XP will be different:
    C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\IDENTITIES\unique long number\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\xxxxx.DBX

Use FIND by typing in *.DBX to get your location. Then navigate there with Windows Explorer and delete it.

Outlook Express will rebuild a new file when you run it next time.
    sekirt

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice