1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unsolicited font size change

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by wanda mandel, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wanda mandel

wanda mandel Thread Starter

Greetings and fancy meeting you in "Dog Behavior, thanks for listing there. I am such a novice with a computer, a thread is something you use to sew a button on. However, I am only ignorant, not stupid, so bear with me. My font size changes without provocation, for example the site for dog behavior is so large dog takes up half the maximized screen. Now, it is true that I have a serious visual impairment my computer knows, but darn it it is not with central vision its loss of periphral vision I did a rudimentry search tried a couple of things to no avail. I have windows 98 and no scroll mouse. Please help I have to learn as much as I can because my visual impairment is not correctable and will eventually affect my central vision. I am taking computer classes but only in operation of programs. thanks

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

In internet explorer, go to View>>Text Size>>Medium
    Also View>>Encoding>>Westernt European (Windows)

3. wanda mandel

Brandon, I did that and restarted once will try again thanks

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

OK, if that doesnt fix it, go to start>>settings>>control panel>>add/remove programs>>Microsoft Internet Explorer>>Add/Remove button>>Repair

Then restart, and do the things in my earlier post again.

5. wanda mandel

Brendan..I did all even tried going to large restart >medium>restart while this web site seems to be more toward large fonted it is ok When I restarted the Ddhelp screen appeared I chose ignore>then illegal pops up.details "Ddhelp caused a general protection fault in module GDi.EXE at....etc etc. I also have run errors and choose not to debug cause I have no idea what to do. I have not defragged for a couple of months but the computer has had little use while I wait to hear your treatment plan or a depressing prognosis. I will defrag dust and so on. Thanks so much you are a treasure. Good weather here in Georgia Life is lots a merriment betwen computer and a really cute wild and crazy pup named Sam How do you feel about my adopting you I would be a good grandma. Just joking. I know your folks are proud of you Great young man!!!!

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

LOL, thanks :)

There have been some other threads with this problem, I will try to uncover them.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice