1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unstable Internect Connection Speed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lord.B, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lord.B

Lord.B Thread Starter

Hey guys,

recently I've been experiencing some very weird internet connection issues.

my internet connection has become very unstable at times, it can be as slow as in the low 100kbps sometimes, or sometimes it can be as fast as 1mbps.

My internet service provider is Verizon and I have DSL on my computer.

I uses a Westell Modem with a Linksys wireless B Broadband router.

Do anyone know what is causing this problem?

I did notice that my internet connection speed seems to speed up after midnight.

thxs

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. Post the results link from the top of the test display page here.

I'd do this when it's slow, then again when it's up to full speed.

3. Lord.B

Lord.B Thread Starter

hm..........i seem to be unable to use the line quality tests on my computer, everytime i tried to test it, it shows this

sorry, 71.103.134.166 is not pingable from www.dslreports.com.

Please disable firewall ping protection. See this FAQ section for more information.

I did disable both my mcafee firewall and windows firewall and it still doesn't work.....

4. into9rod

into9rod

i had the same problem but the best thing you can do is to call your internet service provider and explain if the y give you another ip it can get fixed

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

You're running behind one or two routers, right? If so, it's a router blocking pings to your public IP address.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/672710