1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unstable XP especialy IE6

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by confusedXP_user, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. confusedXP_user

confusedXP_user Thread Starter

i have just instaled xp profesional and its a love hate relationship i love the new look and feel but i think theres some stability issues anyway.......Ie6 is my mane consurn right now it realy has problems , microsoft.com even crashes it sometimes when i put the pointer over the menu on the left .
    how do i remove ie6 !?!?
    buy the way for those of u that think u start with add remove programs youre dead wrong!

2. confusedXP_user

confusedXP_user Thread Starter

for some reason imy ie6 is very ustable and some webpages never load i just want to remove it and download it again from microsoft but the only thing i can do is hide it with add remove!
    i already tried to download it from microsoft and install it but it didnt help how do i completely remove it from my machine so i can start fresh?

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy confusedXP_user...me too sometimes :)

IE6 is an integral part of XP and can't be removed

try this ...start>run then type sfc /scannow ( note the space between the c and the / ) and have your XP CD handy

this link explains it a little

http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-03.html

buck

4. brianF

brianF

Merging your second thread with this one. Please only one thread per problem

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

confused

here's some more for you from MS

"NOTE : Internet Explorer 6 is preinstalled by default in all versions of Windows XP. To provide computer manufacturers greater flexibility in configuring desktop versions of Windows XP, Microsoft has made it possible for OEMs, administrators, and users to remove user access to Internet Explorer while leaving the Internet Explorer code intact and fully functional to ensure the functionality of programs and operating system functions that rely on it. For example, Windows XP supports an "IEAccess=off" switch in the Unattend.txt file, and Internet Explorer has been added to the Add/Remove Windows Components section of the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel (as of RC2). "

at this link...http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q293907

buck

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice