1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unsuccessful at upgrading Thunderbird 0.7 or 0.8

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Capt_AT, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Capt_AT

Capt_AT Thread Starter

I cannot upgrade to Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7 or 0.8. I am using 0.6 without any problems. When I install 0.7 or 0.8 I receive this message " Alert - Could not connect to server
    Pop.west.cox.net; the connection". I have perused the FAQ and help forums for Thunderbird but could not find any information with regards to my problem.
    I have XP Home with SP1. I tried deleting NAV 2004, then installing 0.7 and 0.8 with no success - same alert.
    I am using a Netgear GT624 router but I don't see any connection. I am extremely satisfied with Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client but I would like to upgrade.

Capt AT

2. sebb2004

sebb2004

3. Capt_AT

Capt_AT Thread Starter

Thank You, but I already have a number of downloads of Thunderbird 0.7 and 0.8. What I want to know is that after I install it why it won't connect to the ISP. I am running 0.6 now and everything works just fine.

4. sebb2004

sebb2004

5. sebb2004

sebb2004

6. Capt_AT

Capt_AT Thread Starter

Thanks for your post. I've spent over six hours trying to update/change my profile with no success. Right now it's not worth the time wasted. I will stick with Tbird 0.6 or go back to outlook express. If this software could not be designed for an easier way to upgrade and work, then I don't see any difference from Microsoft Windows.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice