"unsupported cartridge" message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lrpjazz

I have a Canon BJC-2000 with a Windows XP system. It was printing fine but when I tried a "Canon compatible color cartidge" the colors were way off (too green). So I removed it and got Canon 21 cartridges (color and black) and pout them in the same Canon BCI-21e holder (which also has the printheads) but now i get the message onscreen "unsupported cartridge BCI-23--replace with BCI-21e"!!! Any time I try to print something, even a test page, it doesn't print.

I tried resetting the printer, reinstalling the driver, soaking the printhead in a bit of water and wiping it off with a paper towel. Still "Unsupported cartridge"--but it's the right one!

Sometimes i get "cannot communicate with printer."

ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANK YOU
Lewis

Lrpjazz

Never mind--I reinstalled the drivers saeveral more times, and finally after several times things are back to normal.
Lewis

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online