Unsupported video format

gamerdan44

Hello everyone i installed a asus gtx 970 graphics card and a Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz and when i am playing games like gta v it freezes and the screen goes dark and says unsupported video format what does this mean thanks

cwwozniak

Chuck
The message is probably being displayed by the monitor because it cannot support displaying the vertical resolution and/or the horizontal resolution and/or refresh rate coming out of your graphics card.

gamerdan44

The message is probably being displayed by the monitor because it cannot support displaying the vertical resolution and/or the horizontal resolution and/or refresh rate coming out of your graphics card.
Thanks for your reply im using a toshiba tv and a vga cable with a dvi adapter

cwwozniak

Chuck
I am not a gamer and have no way of testing what I found in the following Youtube video on how to change the screen settings for GTA V. It may work for you if you do not already have a solution.

You need to set your graphics card to output a resolution that the TV can support.
Check your TV's user manual...it should list supported resolutions.

cwwozniak

Chuck
You need to set your graphics card to output a resolution that the TV can support.
The problem gamerdan44 may be encountering is that some games override the Windows default resolution with their own when they launch, whether or not the monitor/TV can support it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online