Unsure how to label...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rocky1

Once more coming to the site of experts....:) ...where I know I can depend and rely upon the responses...My question is this: I click on an url listed (even in this site) (you know, where you may be sent to download something or additional reading), but when I click on it, nothing happens...am I doing something wrong?.. I am running WinME..I can type the URL in the address bar exactly as listed and it will take me to that site

Hi,

Does your cursor change shape when it is hovering over a link?
Also, what browser are you using? Probably IE, right? How long has this been happening? Did you recently install any software that might be related to this problem?

Sorry about all the questions, but they might provide a bit more insight into what exactly is happening.
Try this test link to another post:

TEST LINK

If the left click doesn’t work, try to right click on it and select “Save target as”. Should open the normal box.

I know it doesn’t tell you what is wrong but it might keep you downloading until the answer comes along.

You could try Start>Settings>Control panel>Add/remove programs and select IE. There is an option to repair IE. Hardly ever fixes anything but it is worth a try.

columbo is taking you down the right path so be sure to answer the questions.

Rocky1

Columbo.....the test link you left worked fine...when I placed my curser over the test link, the letters turned red, the mouse became an hour glass, and it opened right up.....hmmmm..the only software I have added is for a digital camera.no conflict indicated in device manager

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online