1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unsure how to label...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Rocky1, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rocky1

Rocky1 Thread Starter

Once more coming to the site of experts....:) ...where I know I can depend and rely upon the responses...My question is this: I click on an url listed (even in this site) (you know, where you may be sent to download something or additional reading), but when I click on it, nothing happens...am I doing something wrong?.. I am running WinME..I can type the URL in the address bar exactly as listed and it will take me to that site

2. columbo

columbo

Hi,

Does your cursor change shape when it is hovering over a link?
    Also, what browser are you using? Probably IE, right? How long has this been happening? Did you recently install any software that might be related to this problem?

Sorry about all the questions, but they might provide a bit more insight into what exactly is happening.
    Try this test link to another post:

TEST LINK

3. slipe

slipe

If the left click doesn’t work, try to right click on it and select “Save target as”. Should open the normal box.

I know it doesn’t tell you what is wrong but it might keep you downloading until the answer comes along.

You could try Start>Settings>Control panel>Add/remove programs and select IE. There is an option to repair IE. Hardly ever fixes anything but it is worth a try.

columbo is taking you down the right path so be sure to answer the questions.

4. Rocky1

Rocky1 Thread Starter

Columbo.....the test link you left worked fine...when I placed my curser over the test link, the letters turned red, the mouse became an hour glass, and it opened right up.....hmmmm..the only software I have added is for a digital camera.no conflict indicated in device manager

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice