1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unusal security alert message on email log ins

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sharky, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

one of most sensitive email accounts(yahoo) had a couple of security alert messages today. three times. although i have been opening other email accounts beforehand and afterwards,none of them got the same security alert messages.

this was this morning. now opening different accounts PLUS my sensitive email account. same thing is happening. i'm wondering how many times a coincidence can occur repeatedly before it can be considered something is being done delibrately.

security message was something like(not a direct quote):
    security alert box

..your email is being redirected over an unsecured line(or route) do you want to continue? i clicked "no"

any suggestions/comments? sensitive cause it is an email account with my name on it,etc.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I'd contact them about it, it sounds like a problem with their secure mail servers and they are just alerting you. But maybe not.

3. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

o,ya,...something is up. the alert messages went away. now they are reappearing on another yahoo email account. same computer.

with zone alarm,i've been getting the usual amounts of blocked entrances to my computer ALERTS, but this time i'm reading the analizations Z.A. picked upon. one analyzed to be coming from something,something,prison,customernet,something.

our tax money working for us to make us safe?

i dont bother contacting yahoo,all one gets is an automated response,so why bother.

thanks doe the help

4. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

For the last 3 weeks,i continue to experience the following: they occur 99% when i go to one of my yahoo email accounts,although i have 4 Yahoo other email accounts using the same computer.

On the yahoo email sign in,i type my email name/password. when i click to go into my email account, a security alert message box says : "you are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. the information you are sending to the current site might be retransmited to a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"

This certain yahoo email account has my most senstitive personal information. i use a firewall,adaware,the cleaner continuously to check for trojans,etc.

any suggestions,ideas,etc.?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice