1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unusual Font problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Atomic666, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic666

Atomic666 Thread Starter

Hi
    Customer of mine has office 2000 on his system. He is VERY particular and has decided to remove unwanted fonts from word 2000. Once he did this everything went to half size ie all the typing and headings on the page etc became small. ie normal 12 his are about 6. Cant get it back to normal even after reinstalling the removed fonts.
    I have no idea why, so any suggestions greatly received.

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

This sounds like one for the Ultimate Dreamboat. I know she'll say to start by closing Word, finding all instances of your Normal.dot file and renaming them Abnormal.dot, then reopening word so that it's forced to rebuild the Normal template. (You can't take the fonts out of Word without taking them out of Windows, can you? And why the hell would you want to?

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Ah! The Ultimate Dreamboat here! :rolleyes: :D

Did YOU see this user's monitor screen? Almost sounds to me like you took a phone call, you're describing what the user sees, and he's just got Word set to 50% view, LOL.

But I can't be sure. So, ask him to create a new document. Type something. Click in the text. Hit Format-Text and tell you what the font and size is.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice