1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unusual internet problem.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Qzsy, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Qzsy

Qzsy Thread Starter

Hello. I have a problem what makes me flip my table, so i would be really happy if you could help.

Before i moved i had no problems playing online games, but now i have a terrible problem with my internet when i try to play online games. From the beginning i thoth it was the games fault (bf3) but then i tried to play LoL, ns2 and i had the same internet problem.

The interesting thing is that my friend who uses the same wifi in the same room has zero problems playing online games, his ping is normal and he doesn't lag. I was thinking he was stealing wifi from me because he had a better laptop, but even if he turns his pc off it does not help me. Games are still impossible to play.

My wifi strength: down 18Mbps up 8Mbps (virgin media). I can watch hd videos on youtube with ease, and have no problems downloading other files.

My pc specs: CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz , RAM 4 , Video card: GeForce GT 520MX and i guess this is what captures my wifi Wireless-N 130

Ive tryed changing locations, do some stuff in router settings and many other things what i saw on internet, but nothing helped.

I would appreciate any help.

2. NegativeKelvin

NegativeKelvin

On your computer's network card settings, try clearing the DNS Cache and resetting the adapter.

3. Qzsy

Qzsy Thread Starter

It didn't help..

4. Qzsy

Qzsy Thread Starter

Does anyone else have some idea what could cause my ping instability??

5. Qzsy

Qzsy Thread Starter

No,please no, dont spam so many answers with suggestions, i wont be able to read them all.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice