Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unusual Message appears re Device settings!

Solved 
2K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Out of the blue I am receiving the following message which appears each day on my desktop, and which means absolutely nothing to me. I would be grateful if anyone can give me some guidance on how to prevent it.

"Update your devoice settings - Pinned matches lets you follow games and sports while you are using other apps. Turn on "permit drawing over other apps" Absolutely meaningless to me!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200714234522.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (817 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer Aspire XC-780(KBL), s/n DBB88110017040274530C1
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ACRSYS - 10000000, s/n DTB8AEK0037070100B3000
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Douglas, Do you mean update your device settings? If so you it is very important to keep your computer updated, including your device drivers, to ensure your operating system performs well and is secure. These devices are part of what allows your computer to perform well and should always install the recommended updates.

#3 ·
I had a big problem a couple of years ago, when I had to reinstall Windows 10 completely, and I was helped through that by one of the Moderators, after which he recommended that I set up a routine whereby I checked once a month for any updates, and then ran a Disk Cleanup a day or two after that. So, in answer to your post, I can confirm that I have followed that routine faithfully. But this daily message is obviously something different. It is no problem for me simply to delete the rogue message each time, but I was hoping to be able to find a way of it not occurring.

#6 ·
I'm afraid I have no idea what a third party app would look like, being very inexperienced in computer use! I really only use it for internet searches, emailing, etc., so most of the jargon is above my head! All I can say is that I have been receiving this message on my mobile for just over a week now. And as for words like "sync" that is even more confusing for me!! I am getting to the stage where I will probably just delete these messages as they are received!

#9 ·
Hence the confusion because in your initial post you said you were seeing this on your desktop and posted the TSG SysInfo report from that computer. Then in post no. 6 you said it was on your mobile.

This should have been posted in the Android Mobile Device forum so I'll move it there.

#10 ·
It's a Google app called Pinned Matches on the phone that shows sports scores and if you turn on the "permit drawing over other apps" the scores will display over whatever other app you may be using at the time.

It probably came with an update on the phone. You should be able to delete it or disable it if you don't want to use it.

#11 ·
That rings a bell! I like to follow Major League Baseball from the States, and I did have the facility to pin the current scores though I was on other pages. I thought I had deleted that as the scores do not come up any more, but I don't know how to prevent this particular message that I receive each evening!!

#13 ·
But Karen, I don't want to allow it - that is the pinned current scores list. I used to see them, but organised things whereby they did not appear any more, successfully. But despite that I am still left with the daily message as identified in my post #1 above. That is what I am trying to avoid.

#15 ·
Yes, it offers me two options - "Cancel", which I immediately click on, plus another, which at the moment I cannot recall the wording of, but will come back on this thread when I receive it, probably later tonight. As soon as that is received I will advise you, but will do nothing with it until you have seen what it shows.

#17 ·
Karen - It has occurred to me that the these messages always arrive just a few minutes before the start time of baseball games that I watch, via an annual subscription to the Major League Baseball TV service. They only refer to games involving my chosen favourite team, and so I have now cleared that option to see whether it will mean that no such messages arrive in future. I will see if no "rogue" message arrives tomorrow. I will keep you posted!

#19 ·
Karen - Unfortunately, no success with my idea re favourite teams - the same message appeared as previously. I clicked on "cancel", but if (or when) this message appears again tomorrow, I will click on the other option, which was "Open Settings" and report on what that brings.

#21 ·
Karen – as indicated on my first post in this thread, I have been receiving a daily unwanted message about device settings on my Samsung mobile phone. Three days ago, I had the idea of utilising the “Pin Live Scores” facility, and since then the original “rogue” message has not appeared again. So all I have now is a “bubble” which shows the updated score in my games, and which can be deleted at will each time, if I so choose. I now have the option of leaving the current score showing, or simply deleting it whenever I wish.

I will therefore give this thread another week or so, and if the original unwanted message does not return I will mark it as solved. Many thanks for all your help (yet!) again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.