1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unusual or Strange Habits

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by bill.aam, Jul 12, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. bill.aam

bill.aam Thread Starter

I have two that date back to my days in the military. One is I still "field strip" my cigarettes and put the butt in my pocket. (much to the annoyance of the wife, finding cigarette butts in the washer and or dryer, as I often forget to remove them prior to laundry day) I also still line up my “gig line”, these have both become second nature, even though I’ve been retired since ’95.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any unusual or strange habits.

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Two questions s.v.p..............
    1 - What the heck is a " gig line " ?
    2 - If you didn't like filtered fags why wouldn't you just buy unfiltered ones?

My quirk.............
    The food on my plate must be dished out by me and it has to be in it's proper and rightful position. If it comes to me in a restaurant and it's out of position I rearrange it.

3. bill.aam

bill.aam Thread Starter

" gig line " = An imaginary line running down the front of a uniform formed by the edges of the pant's fly placket, right belt buckle edge and the shirt button placket. The significance of the "gig line" is that all parts of it be in-line for inspections

"field strip" = This involves stubbing out the cigarette and knocking out all loose tobacco and paper.

I liked the filtered ones.. But I don't throw the butts on the ground, I stub out the cigarette, remove all loose tabacco and put the butt in my pocket.. (y)

I have a friend that does the same as you with his food, but he won't eat anything thats touched something else on his plate.. :rolleyes:

4. MNG0304

MNG0304

I'm forwarding this to my wife...

Perhaps she'll have some compassion for me when the laundry gets done and she finds a pack's worth of filters in various pockets :D

5. hannab

hannab

I think that's very nice of you not to litter :)

I know I have many quirks, but since no one is here to remind me of what they are, I'll just say "None" :p

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Got it now...thanks.

I'm not quite that bad with one exception. Under no circumstances can mustard touch cheese.:eek: The more I think about it the more I realize I should see a shrink about it. Then again, I've made it this far and it works so " if it aint broke don't fix it".

7. bill.aam

bill.aam Thread Starter

That sounds broke to me... :D

8. bill.aam

bill.aam Thread Starter

It's good to see I'm not alone with the cigarettes butts in the pockets.. :D

9. smeegle

smeegle

My goodness, bill.aam, I remember dear old dad telling me about field stripping a cigarette during the big one (WWII). I'd forgotten all about that.

10. SlackAli

SlackAli Account Closed

I just find the above reassuring in that there still some other smokers out there:D

I'm a roll-up man and for 15 years or so have only used Rizla liquorice papers.

11. Steppinstone

Steppinstone

Just throwing this out there for you butt pocketers! :) Go to www.smokerservice.com and sign up to receive thier coupons via snail mail.. When they send the coupons they will also put in a postcard to receive a free portable litter device.. It is a little portable ashtray that hold four butts until you get to a trash can and it comes with a handy dandy holder and belt clip! I ordered one from my brother's coupon to give to a friend of mine!

It looks like this one that someone sold on ebay!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...088298&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

12. angielynn

angielynn

I do that :eek: I'll still eat it if it's touching something else but I have to move it first and make sure there is plenty of space between my food.

13. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    After reading some of the posts here I have concluded I don't need to go to the screw factory and get re-threaded. The best part of it is I'm not alone anymore and don't have to hide any of my ( no longer strange ) habits. I feel like a large weight has been lifted.

14. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Well you don't have to be in the military to do a gig line. It of course helps if your father was and he inspected you every time you went out. I gig line to this day.

15. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

My quirk (probably one of many) is that if I'm doing something at work that I really need to concentrate on, or if I'm talking to somebody, I'll pull a strip a tape from the tape dispenser and wrap it around my finger for awhile and then I'll sort of absent-mindedly flatten it on my desk. I wasn't aware how much I did this until the other day when I decided to really clean the top of my desk with Lysol wipes and I kept running across all these strips of tape stuck to it. Since the tape is clear, I never really noticed it. :eek:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice