1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unwanted e-mail from specific address

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mousefred, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mousefred

mousefred Thread Starter

I have Windows 98 with CS 2000 internet. I am getting e-mails from people I don't want to hear from. Is there a way to block e-mail from a specific e-mail address?

2. KeithKman

KeithKman

What mail program are you using?

3. BillC

BillC

If you use a mail client, there should be a blocking feature in it. If you use webmail, the same would apply. How do you get your e-mail?

4. mousefred

mousefred Thread Starter

I am not sure what program I am using. I am not very computer literate. It is compuserve 2000. does that help. I am not sure how I get my e-mail. I just sign on.

5. mousefred

mousefred Thread Starter

I am not sure what you mean by what program am I using. I am not very computer literate. I have Compuserve2000. Does that help. I am not sure how I get my e-mail. I just sign on.. Thanks for asking.

6. BillC

BillC

When you sign on, is that to a web site? No matter, where you "sign on" is where you should find the blocking option under something called options, or messages, or tools, or something like that. It would help if you could name your e-mail server.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Sounds like compuserve.

8. z13w1z

z13w1z

it is compuserve, just renamed with added "features". As it is compuserve then i am guessing you use their own browser and mail program instead of internet explorer and outlook express. Unfortunately you will probably have to find someone who uses this provider or try to find the solution in their help files....Sorry I couldn't help any more but you never know there are a lot of friendly people in the forums and many have a wide base of knowledge. Again sorry and good luck!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice