Unwanted Email Program!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dougglos

Douglas
When I use my usual search engine,(Bing) to obtain any miscellaneous information, I regularly get a screen popup from something called "Reach" This asks me to login with my email address and password. I neither know what this is, nor want to keep seeing it! Is there any way I can have it stopped from appearing?

plodr

Liz
You use Bing via a browser. What browser are you using? (Each browser blocks popups differently).

Couriant

James
When I use my usual search engine,(Bing) to obtain any miscellaneous information, I regularly get a screen popup from something called "Reach" This asks me to login with my email address and password. I neither know what this is, nor want to keep seeing it! Is there any way I can have it stopped from appearing?
I am not familiar with this. can you do a screen shot of this login?

dougglos

Douglas
It pops up fairly randomly, so I will send a screen shot when it next occurs.

dougglos

Douglas
plodr - I am using Google Chrome as my browser at present .

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
plodr - I am using Google Chrome as my browser at present .
@dougglos, does it look anything like this extension? If so, you should be able to remove it easily from Chrome. Click on the three vertical dots near the top-right of the Chrome window, choose More tools, and then Extensions. Look for The Reach and then remove it from there. Close down Chrome and then re-test it.

dougglos

Douglas
lochlomonder : Thanks for that, Colin - if you see my post #4 above, you will see that this pops up in a very random manner, so will try your suggestion the next time it occurs, and advise.

dougglos

Douglas
This has just popped up on my screen it showed my username and password, but I have obviously deleted these.

1606760673529.png

Couriant

James
So that is the login screen for express.co.uk website. Most newspaper sites are allowing you view a few free articles before you sign up / log in to their site. I see you have a bookmark for the Daily Express so am I to assume it's one that you do have a log in?

And to confirm, you get this page when you click on a link from the bing website and not the bookmark?

dougglos

Douglas
James - I have never had to log in for news from the Express newspaper, but do simply click on an icon that I have placed on my desktop. I do not need the bookmarks shown, as they are all duplicated by similar icons on my desktop (have just never got round to deleting those bookmarks!). So I am now going to delete them and continue to use the desktop icons. Can I then assume that I will not receive these popups in future?

dougglos

Douglas
It is neither. It only occurred if I clicked on a newspaper (UK Daily Express) which I had as a desktop icon. I have no idea how it came about, but I m getting very close to forgetting it and changing to another daily paper instead!

dougglos

Douglas
Great! Bookmarks/Passwords duly backed up and Chrome reset. Many thanks for the advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online