1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unwanted homepage

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by a ferguson, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. a ferguson

a ferguson Thread Starter

I keep getting an unwanted homepage and when i try to reset it by going into options and typing in google i still get this unwanted one when I go back into internet explorer. i have run a virus check but to no avail. Can anyone help- many thanks

2. starwaves77

starwaves77

Hi,

First, if your homepage has been reset, then you have spyware that should be removed,

This one program can do alot for you. It will allow you to remove the spyware & reset the homepage to whatever you like,

Download SpyBot 1.3 rc 4

Open the program & click on 'check for problems' , when the scan finishes, you will see many items listed in RED with a red exclamation mark, make sure that you select all, and then click on 'fix selected problems' .......

reboot pc,

Check your homepage, if it is still not the one you want,
    Open spybot again, click on the 'mode' tab in top menu, then select 'advanced',

Then in the left choose, 'TOOLS' , then select 'Browser Pages' ....... look at those entries and find the UNWANTED homepage listing, click it once, then click on change , now type in your favorite website,

If nothing seems to help,
    Download this program too HIJACK THIS

Open the program, click on the 'scan' button, , , after it finishes, click on the 'save log' button, when it opens in notepad, copy and paste that info in to the forum for further help,

:)

3. a ferguson

thank you very much for your quick respone. I'll try that and I'll let you know. I relly appreciate your help

4. DFC

DFC

Sounds like CoolWebSearch HighJack. Download CWShredder HERE . It should clear up your problems after you run it.

5. a ferguson

thank you so much for taking the trouble to help me but I mangaed to resolve it from the info given by Starwaves77.

6. a ferguson

thanks Satarwaves77. I hope you get this as I'm not quite sure how this "thread" works as I'm sort of new to all this!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice