Unwanted Powerdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

F-EMDE

I just installed PaperPort on my other computer, and when I rebooted it, when it gets to the Windows screen, the powerddown message comes up and it powers down. Can't get to safe mode, can't use boot disk, any suggestions ?
Fred

Win98se
1.2gh
40gb
ATX

F-EMDE

Boot disk dose get me to A: prompt, but that don't help. Can I do a Scanreg /Restore some how, tryed it from A: and C: "bad command"
Fred

F-EMDE

I did a Scanreg /restore and changed to 1/18/02, didn't help.
Fred

F-EMDE

TW56
I didn't find anything at PaperPort site to help me, so I reinstalled Win98se on top of itself and wala, no more power down problems.
I do have another problem, at bootup, I get "WININIT.EXE can not be run from within Windows".
BTW I had this problem before the power down problem.
Fred:):)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online