Unwanted Time Alarm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cousin Bill

I have a very unique computer problem that is driving me nuts. When in 2002 I bought my Toshiba laptop I choose the option of setting an alarm. I didn’t know if it came from Windows, Toshiba, or the loaded software (Lotus, Microsoft Works, etc.) but naively assumed that I could easily change or silence it.

Problem is that I can find no trace of the program. Every night since 2002 the alarm beeps and is driving me nuts. I have searched for files containing "alarm", "time", "remind", "clock". I have looked at Lotus, Works, etc.

I have observed the computer when the alarm is beeping. There is no new icon, the system tray is unchanged. Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online