Unwanted windows at Boot up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Clyde

At boot up, a window "Welcome to Windows" appears, with user name and password. I am the only user, and wish I didn't have to always delete that window at start up. This window does not have a box that I can check to indicate I don't want to see it again.

Further into the boot, two windows always appear:
One is System_Sav (D), the second Local Disk C
They, too, need to be deleted each time.

Any ideas on how I can eliminate these aggravations permanently?

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network.

In Primary Network Logon, select Windows Logon and click on OK. Restart your machine. I think that will at least solve your password screen problem.

Hi Clyde, Welcome to TSG !!
The login box: start, settings, controlpanel, network. Configuration tab, select windows logon in the primary Network box select ok.Say no to restart when asked. control panel passwords. Change password tab, change windows password , ok Type in current password, if there is not one just leave everything blank and select ok. Make sure all users use the same preferences and settings in user profiles. Now go to start search findfiles type in *.pwl then ok
Right click all the pwl files and rename the pwl extenbnsion to .oldand the name to something different. now reboot. you will be asked for a password but if you hit just ok it should not reappear

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online