Unzipping files On Mac

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larryecook

I jut got a a new iMac. its pretty easy to get use to the only thing I have not figure out yet is how to unzip files. Can someone help me?

The built in archiving/unarchiving should allow you to just double click the file to uncompress a zip file.

To compress, either right click or control+click on a file/folder and chose Compress.

larryecook

I'm useing Mac OS 10.6.6. When ever I double click on the zip folder it just makes a copy of the zip folder with .cpgz at the end I don't see the actual file any where.

I'm useing Mac OS 10.6.6. When ever I double click on the zip folder it just makes a copy of the zip folder with .cpgz at the end I don't see the actual file any where.
I've seen that behaviour on occasion too.

It all depends on the program and options used to zip the file, they don't always following specs.

I would suggest trying StuffIt Expander Deluxe of BetterZip and see if it can handle it. ( http://macitbetter.com/ )
Stuffit Expander is free and BetterZip comes with free 30 day trial.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts