1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Westwood, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westwood

Westwood Thread Starter

anyone know of any good shards??

i am currently playing on Imagine Nation.. but it is growing old..and i need somewhere to start.. any suggestions?

2. DebbyD

DebbyD

Since you are from the UK, Europa would be good since it is atuned to European time zones. Also, I believe the server is located in the UK, so your ping would be better as well, though it is a rather crowded server. Drachenfeld is the other European server, but I've never played there. My impression is that Drach is dominated by German speakers, while Europa is oriented toward English.

With Ages of Shadows coming in February, there will be a lot of land space opening up for housing so now is a good time to start. AoS should be available in the middle to end of February in Europe, also Amazon ships to Europe. I'd wait till then to buy it as you will want to be able to access the new housing area (Malas). Seems silly to buy the game now and then again in a few weeks. I suppose LBR is very cheap at the moment though, with new expansion due out in weeks so that is something to consider.

I play on Catskills and Europa. Both are mature, crowded shards but with new housing areas opening up, that should not be the issue it currently is. If you're a night owl, you could try the east coast shards Atlantic, Chesapeake and Catskills, but your ping will not be as good as on Drach or Europa and that is a major consideration in an online game like UO. If you like role playing, Europa is excellent. That's why I play there despite the difficulties of timezones and lowered ping.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice