Upcoming June 24th Announcement About Windows 10

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
For those of you who aren't aware of it, Microsoft is scheduled to make a big announcement on June 24th about Windows 10.

The big rumor that's been circulating is that there will be a new version which will be named "Windows 11" or "Windows Sun Valley" or some other name.

Microsoft should be dispelling all the rumors in 11 days.

:unsure:

--------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Even if Windows 10's official "end of life"(EOL) occurs in October 2025, it's my guess support will continue for it for some time after that.
It continued for 5 years with Windows XP and 2-3/4 years with Windows Vista, and supposedly will continue for 3 years with Windows 7.

Great ..... Let see what new features will be introduce in windows 11 this year....
I heard of Windows Sun valley new UI and looks great on beta update....

Johnny b

John
It'll be interesting to see if MS continues with the free OS upgrade for Win7, 8 and 8.1 users after that Win 10 'retirement' date.

<shrug> Nary a clue as to what "might" happen. All I know for sure is according to Microsoft's announcement the latest updated version of Windows 10 will cease to be supported for updates and security on October 14, 2025.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It'll be interesting to see if MS continues with the free OS upgrade for Win7, 8 and 8.1 users after that Win 10 'retirement' date.
I would doubt it, to be honest. After all, given all the opportunities people have had to upgrade heretofore, I doubt MS will be that generous. Also, I'll be curious to see if this will require a paid upgrade for current Win 10 machines. They need to feed that revenue stream, after all.

Johnny b

John
I would doubt it, to be honest. After all, given all the opportunities people have had to upgrade heretofore, I doubt MS will be that generous. Also, I'll be curious to see if this will require a paid upgrade for current Win 10 machines. They need to feed that revenue stream, after all.
I agree.
No such thing as a free lunch.

However....MS has shown profitability with their current business plan, that is ,giving a limited ( though large ) number of free upgrades for their OS while 'selling' productivity apps as 'services' through a subscription model.
Win 10 looks more like a free necessity that is in reality, the hook to bring customers to their products.
Like a drug, the OS is merely a 'taste'. Once experienced they own you :D

( It's said, there are exceptions to the rule.)
I've made other plans :D

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Yep, I read about it earlier today.
I wouldn't be in any hurry to obtain and install what's currently available.
Be patient for another 9 days until Microsoft makes its official announcement.
The first official insider preview version will supposedly be released that day.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I wouldn't be in any hurry to obtain and install what's currently available.
-------------------------------------------------
Frank, I won't even be in a hurry when it is officially released by Microsoft!
I'll let others sample the waters first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online