1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upcoming marriage, life glimpse, help!

Discussion in 'Personal News & Announcements' started by Gulo Luseus, Oct 27, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus Thread Starter

Hey all.
    It isnt really like me to post anything that isnt about computers ( surprise, eh), but right now I think I have to. Please note this isnt a mushy post, or a sympathy post, just a dew facts.

Last year.. 17 Dec 2006 to be precise, I was driving home from visiting my mother. The roads were not too bad, and I was trundling along at a reasonable speed. On a bend I lost control- according to the police investigation, I wasnt at fault, chances are I hit a patch of oil, diesel, whatever- and fishtailed. The upshot was that I ended up sliding into a decent sized tree, hitting it with the drivers door. The last thing I remebered seeing was a tree about 2 feet from my face, and thinking, "damn, Im gonna hit it.."
    Long and short is that I survived, which according to emergency services was nothing short of a medium sized miracle. In th eprocess, I managed to sever the nerves in my right arm, break my right knee and leg, crack my pelvis on left side, and shatter it on the right. Now you know what my pic is hehe. After a few ops, and some pain, I came out of hospital with a decent bit of metalwork in me, and a 20/80% chance of ever walking again. The bad way round, too. Anyway, I walked, and eventually without crutches. Nowadays, after 10 months, I do a good impression of normal.
    The reason for this was kind of simple. In hospital, I met, and fell in love with, a nurse. Took me about 4 hours to do it <g>. After I got out, I wrote to her, we met.. well, the upshot is that we are getting married ASAP. And no offence to anyone in the world,but I dont think I will ever meet a more beautiful, wonderful woman as long as I live.
    Now, heres where the help part comes in. I am british, she is chinese. I have spent weeks trying to find out what we haveto do to get married, and its pull my hair out time. If anyone knows any info, websites, anything at all, I really would appreciate a point in the right direction.
    Whatever happens, if I have to go China to do it, I will marry her. So if you can help, thank you, if not, thanks for looking.
    This is my chance at making life worthwhile. Without her, I would be in a chair for life, with nothing to live for.
    Apologies for being mushy, but anyone who has ever felt this way will understand. I have not been on this board as long as many, but I know that there are many people here who do care. So thanks to everyone that has ever helped someone else here- maybe this is one place in the world where friendship goes further
    :)

2. katonca

katonca

Hi Gulo

Sounds like a rough accident, glad you came out of it pretty well. Question about the relationship. The accident happened in the UK? Is she a resident of the UK or a national? And what is the trouble you are having?

Hang in there (y)

3. CCjon

CCjon

Hey buddy.

Judging from this part of your post
    She's not a resident of your country right?If so,like katonca said,you need to tell us what's her nationality.But strange,can't you find anything on google?I thought one can find almost anything on google nowadays....
    Anyway congrats man.No matter what happens,I hope you have a happy life with her man:)

4. Gulo Luseus

Yup, accident was in the UK. CC, have a look at the quote you enclosed<g> I am full british nationality, she is Chinese. She works on a Visa and work permit, both of which should be upgraded to permanent status next year.
    The problem is that the paperwork is huge. I tried Google, and so far I know how I can go to China anf marry her, but cant find a damn thing on procedures in the UK.

5. grandma77

grandma77

Can you go to immigration and find out there?

6. Gulo Luseus

I am going to Births Deaths and Marriages today, in the hope that they can give me relevant info. If not, dont know what to do! It means a day of work but hey... there are always more jobs, there is only one angel in my life :)

7. katonca

katonca

{{{(y)}}}

8. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    Sweet post. Good you lived. Good you found love. Sorry to say Ive got no answers.. Google google google :) And then start at your embassy and ask questions.. someone has answers.

9. Gulo Luseus

Thanks for th eposts, I really appreciate it :)
    I managed to get to Births Deaths Marriages today, and got a few more answers. They didnt know an awful lot more, but I have at last managed to get a COA form, which means we can apply to get permission to be allowed to marry. If that goes through, then things should be easier. SO..... all things being equal, I will be able to say " I do" to my sweet angel in 6 months time.

Oh boy... even now I am shaking like a leaf just thinking about it. Someone tell me thats normal!!!

I will keep the updates coming, and hopefully in half a year I can let the world know that we finally did it. :)

10. wacor

wacor Banned

I don't usually venture into these kinds of things but ...............

First I would contact the local authorities and ask them what is the procedure.

I can tell you my niece is American and she met a Brit on the internet. They ended up getting married. I can try to find out why but they did it in the Bahamas as I recall. That might have been thought to maintain dual citizenship.. She moved to Britain for a few years and then they moved back to the states...

Good luck

11. katonca

katonca

Looks like things are moving along, good for you. You'll continue to shake until you say "I do" :D

12. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    humm another internet marrige :) awesome! :)

13. Gulo Luseus

Thanks all for the responses. Its nice to know people care!
    Ashes, it isnt actually an internet marriage.. I met her when I was in hospital. The really weird bit was that the day after I first saw her, I KNEW she was the girl I was going to marry. And now, 11 months later, its happening :)
    To update, the COA form is being filled in, so home office should grant approval within 3 months, with luck. We have made the major decision to find a house together, and as a result most of my time is spent trying to find one! Things are looking good so far (touch wood). I just pray everything will work out. Looks like an august wedding, so plenty of time to get sick of each other <g>.

14. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    I was talking about Wacor that time :)

I knew you met her when you were in the hospital or something like that.

Its a great story as well :0

15. katonca

katonca

{{{(y)}}}

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice