1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Update 1803 + HP computer

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by leneal, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leneal

leneal Thread Starter

Since I have an HP computer, I've been reading the coverage on how the lasted Windows update conflicts with the HP keyboard drive. Unfortunately, I'm just not clear on what I should be doing at this point.

Here are my particulars (and please let me know if there are other particulars I should provide):

Per Windows Update: (1) version 1803 is installed, (2) KB4100347 is "pending install", and (3) KB4462919 is downloading (but appears to be stuck at 0%).

Per Device Manager, my current keyboard driver is 10.0.17134.1. (If I understand correctly, one of the Windows Updates installs HP keyboard driver version 11.0.3.1, which is incompatible in some way and triggers a BSOD.)

It looks like KB4468304 contains a fix. I've manually downloaded that update from the MS website (the x64 version since I have a 64-bit machine), but I've not tried to installed it.

So at this point, I'm not clear whether I should reboot, not reboot in hopes of another MS update push, execute the fix file and rebooting, or take some other action. (Btw, the "pause updates" option in the Advanced Options of Windows Update is grayed out. I'm guessing because the system is still trying to download an update.) I'd sure welcome some sage advice here!

Thanks!

2. leneal

leneal Thread Starter

I keep kicking the can down the road by resetting the reboot date, and while I keep researching, I still don't have a clear answer on what I should to do now. (The advice I do find is always a variation of 'delay as long as you can.') Anyone have any any advice?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice