1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Update amount and remove item. Shopping cart.

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by FabRed, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FabRed

FabRed Thread Starter

I am (a novice and) trying to make a shopping cart for a bookstore (using visual studio and visual basic). The shopping cart page shows a gridview where all the items the customer wants to purchase is listed (the gridveiw has columns for isbn, title, price and amount). The amount column is a text box, where the user can change the amount. Under the grid view I have a button <update amount>. A click on this button is supposed to go through the gridview to see if the user has changed the amount of any of the books. If so, the price of this item(book) is to be changed (prise * amount of the item). If the amount of one book is set to 0 the row is to be deleted from the gridview. Can some one help me with the code needed to accomplish this???

At the end of each row in the gridview I have put a button <remove item>, and a click on this button is supposed to delete the selected row from the gridview. The gridview is listed on the shopping cart page with this code:

GridView1.DataSource = Session("kurv")
    GridView1.DataBind()

What code do I need to accomplish this removal of the selected item?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!