1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Update applied that had 555 update components

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by BooBoo2011, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BooBoo2011

BooBoo2011 Thread Starter

Jan 7, 2011
    Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit fully patched & updated
    Microsoft Security Essentials - Fully updated
    HP Pavalion DV7

I had left my laptop on for several days, putting it into sleep mode and today, I rebooted it just to clear things up. When it shut down, it took a little longer than normal, maybe 1 or 2 minutes. When it started, it still took a little longer and then I noticed that on the windows splash screen, I noticed it was applying updates, and the count was 555 updates.

It booted up and everything seems to be fine, but I am worried about what was that? Do I need to do anything? I run virus scans once a week and I am very careful about the sites I go to.

Is this a valid windows update? I checked in system restore and there was a system restore created when I rebooted the computer with a critical update flag.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058843