update drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dastuph

I am having problems with a memory upgrade in my Dell Dimension XPSb 800r that causes strange artifacts or a lock up when I am playing a game.

I was told to upgrade all of my drivers (video, motherboard, HD, etc.) to the latest versions as well as Windows because there has been stuff about Win9x not handling memory over 128 very well.

My question is how do I figure out where to get the drivers for the motherboard? I am not even sure exactly the make model of it. I look in the properties box of in the system configuration box and it doesnt really tell me what i need to know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Max19

Account Disabled
Unless you've changed or added any hardware, you should go to Dell's web site to download all the drivers.

yeah, they should help you at the dell website. otherwise, bust open your cover and take a look inside. It should tell you the make and model somewhere, maybe in the bottom center. If you find the fcc id you can look it up here at the fcc data base. That id is somewhere on the board, usualy by the expansion slots. Then you can go to their site and get the updates. I guess that is just if you don't get anywhere at the dell site. Dell has good customer support, they should be able to help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online