1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

update field A in form based on entry in field b

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Ninjasvspirates, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjasvspirates

Ninjasvspirates Thread Starter

I attached my database what i would like to do is create a form when an end user will enter a corresponding user ID from that I wish to populate textbox fields with Agent Name, Supervisor, Location, Dept *all seperate text boxes of course* I have attached the database if someone could help me do this it would be great. Let me know if you need any further details to help get me through this.

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Welcome to the forum, before answering you question can I suggest some improvements to your database.
    Currently you do not have any "Key", "Indexed" fields in your tables and there are no relationships set up between the tables.
    Also do you really need the Archive Table?
    The data looks like it has been exported in from a spreadsheet, relational databases work quite differently to spreadsheets, so to make the most of their advantages you need to correctly relate your Tables.
    Your UserID Roster also has some disconnect between the Field Names and the actual data in them, particularly the Name and Type feilds.
    In the Supervisor Table the Birthdate does not seem to have Translated correctly.

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

I have also noticed that your Policy Numbers have not imported correctly from the spreadsheet, you need to ensure they are proper numbers and not showing as Scientific Notation and then place a ' in front of them prior to Importing in to Access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/796073

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice