Update firmware on Linksys router WRT54G version 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

netrouter

I just recently updated my firmware on my linksys router WRT54G with the new version of linksys firm ware and now my router does not work. I can not access the GUI under the ip address 192.168.1.1. I 've tried to reboot the router using the 30/30 method that is suggested by Linksys, but I still can not access the routers GUI. Please advise if there is another method to set back the routers firmware.

Try 192.168.1.0.

I don't believe that the router saves any copy of the old firmware to set back to.

I'd recommend the DD-WRT firmware.

Was it the wrong firmware? Was it for your chipset version? Was the firmware for G, or GS, or other?

Read this: Recover From A Bad Flash

netrouter

Its was the latest firmware that was posted on the linksys site for this router. The issue now is that I can not even update the firmware at all since i can not access the GUI on IP address 192.168.1.1 All the green lights power up on the router. Is there another way to update the firm on the router.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online