Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Update in windows ten frozen

Solved 
444 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
My laptop needed an update so it updated up to 95% and just froze and won't do anything else. What can I do?

#10 ·
You didn't say which update(s) by KB number(s) is installing, so I don't know why the process has stalled at 95%.

Leave your laptop alone and be patient and see if the update process completes.

And make sure its power adapter is plugged in and it's not running only on its battery.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#11 ·
Most systems have a light that fleshes when things are being written to the hard drive.
Follow flavllee's advice about the battery and being powered by house power.

But, after at least another hour, then you may want to do the following.

I have had this happen to me, after waiting quit some time I have shut down and restarted.
It does take a while longer to get this started but the system did start. Once you get the system checked out and it appears to be running like it should do anther proper shut down and a reboot.

This is one of the reasons one should AlWAYS have a current backup of their system.

#12 ·
I suspect the lights are on the front of the computer (closest to you), on the right side. Usually there are about 4 lights, power, wifi, hard drive, and battery charge indicators.

Typically at 3 hours I suspect something has frozen and a hard restart should be performed (as David mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.