Update issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neve72

Hi everyone I am having trouble updating my windows. The picture below should describe what is wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Usually, the cause isn't written here. We need to do some legwork to find it.

Please right click my computer, click manage, expand event viewer, and expand each subsection and look for any events (open them one by one on the right side) that correspond to the reason for the update failing and post it here.

neve72

This is the most recent. I'm not sure if I'm posting the right thing.

Two things. I'm thinking, off the top of my head, either that the windows installer service is disabled. Or, the reason is given inside of the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\dd_NET_Framework20_Setup1539.txt

Hold down the Start button on the keyboard and press R, release, type in services.msc and search for the windows installer service and see if its disabled.

Also, please attach the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\dd_NET_Framework20_Setup1539.txt file.

neve72

The windows installer is not disabled. How do I get that txt file ?

What I got was an exe file. Try using the "go advanced" to attach the file?

neve72

Im sorry, try this one.
<moderator edit to remove link that is giving virus alert warnings>

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online