1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Update on Vista Equipped Laptop, Retro'd to XP Pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CWRWinger, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CWRWinger

CWRWinger Thread Starter

The thread is now "CLOSED", but I thought I'd give an update anyway.
    From 04-2008:

Maximise OS Performance on New Laptop
    New Laptop: Gateway MT6705 Cost:$595.00
    1.60 GHz, Dual Core Processor
    2 gig RAM (Already upgraded to that before anything)

I returned the GWLT to the dealer and paid to have it wiped clean and loaded with XP Pro, which voided the warranty. Visa was removed. So was a lot of unnecessary stuff.

The result is a very good running laptop with no bloat ware and extra junk. The dealer set it up for maximum performance.

I've used this GWLT for over a year with zero problems, as my main computer, connected to a 22" LCD and two printers.

I had no problems requiring a warranty. I plan on using this laptop a couple more years, at least.

(This post is just an update on a closed thread.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/825223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice