1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

update problems & flash problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sweetcheekies, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

I am having alot of difficulty with my computer yet again. i went to do windows updates there are a ton there which is weird because I checked it a few days ago and there was nothing there. There has to be at least 14 now..and I am positive that I have downloaded them before. No one else uses my computer. So why would they have been downloaded long time ago and then all of a sudden be gone and I have to redownload them. Problem being that when I go to download them.. they download but none of them will install. I have tried the Knowledge base at microsoft and nothing there works. I don't have any viruses I have checked many times. I run adaware and spybot on a regular basis. They all are good. I am Running Winxp pro. sp1.. I don't have sp2 because my computer messes up with it. I have tried several times with no luck to run sp2. Also now my flash won't work. I posted in here previously about it and got it back working.. but now its not working again.. and I uninstalled then reinstalled ( which made it work last time ) but it won't do it this time. It almost seems as though my computer is slowly killing things off. I have included a hijack log and from what I can see its ok. Any ideas what I can do or what is going on?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 1:23:46 PM, on 8/1/2006
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    D:\Program Files\NoAds\NoAds.exe
    C:\Program Files\uTorrent\utorrent.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\mqsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\mqtgsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\cidaemon.exe
    D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\My downloads\HijackThis.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.geocities.com/sweetcheekies2
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MsmqIntCert] regsvr32 /s mqrt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAds] "D:\Program Files\NoAds\NoAds.exe"
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
    O12 - Plugin for .mpeg: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
    O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server (RoxLiveShare) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxLiveShare.exe
    O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher (RoxWatch) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe

Sweet

2. onsite

onsite

Assuming you have XP, in add remove programs in control panel, there is a check box at the top, show updates. This will show you the updates you have. Some of the updates could be hardware drivers or updates for office.
    you may not see the check box as describbed above. If SP2 will not install, i would have to say your PC is infected.

3. sweetcheekies

I can install sp2 fine.. it just messes up my computer. I end up with alot of problems with sp2 that I can't get fixed.. i have posted about them here before. Any time i have installed sp2.. tried to work around the problems or fix them etc.. Not much works.. I uninstall it and I am fine.. my computer ( usually ) runs alot better. Still don't know why that always happens but it does. no check mark either when i look at add remove programs

4. onsite

onsite

I work in a shop where part of the repair process is to install ALL the updates from Microsoft , for whatever OS. That includes SP2 for xp if they do not have it already. All my PCs at home and all the PCs that leave the shop here get SP2. I would still have to say your PC is infected. I see you use bit torrent software , possible place to get infections, I did not see any P2P software, that is another place to get infections.

5. sweetcheekies

yea my computer is due for some upgrades but if sp2 was to be put on it.. my computer would come back worse. anyways.. i don't know why i can't do the updates or the flash.. i am hoping for some answers.. ty for the info though

Sweet

6. bbearren

bbearren

What kind of computer do you have?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice