Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Update the Current Time in a cell

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Keebellah 
#1 ·
I'm using Excel 2013
This is a copy of a partial page in a workbook. Nothing confidential and Index is a placeholder.

B1 is date

B2 is time and I'd like some help to make it automatically update every minute without clicking somewhere.
I've googled it and solutions relate to 'active running clock while performing another task in excel' not keeping current time in a cell

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks SpywareDr - but I still can't figure out how to set macros & VBA to work.
Are you familiar with 'Steps Recorder' a program that is part of Windows 7, 8 & 8.1
If you could make it work on this PRACTICE WORKBOOK while using Steps Recorder, I could duplicate it on the real Medications page.You wouldn't need to type directions.
Just press Start Record or Stop Record
It works pretty good for making excel tutorials by recording screenshots and mouse presses
This is a link to one because it wouldn't attach one here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8wkXjh9T1xMNS1lVGJ4bGdESGs/view?usp=sharing and hope maybe you might be able to make one for me to make macros and VBA
I copied this from your link above

Put this code in a Module in VBA (Developer Tab -> Visual Basic)
Dim TimerActive As Boolean Sub StartTimer() Start_Timer End Sub Private Sub Start_Timer() TimerActive = True Application.OnTime Now() + TimeValue("00:01:00"), "Timer" End Sub Private Sub Stop_Timer() TimerActive = False End Sub Private Sub Timer() If TimerActive Then ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Value = Time Application.OnTime Now() + TimeValue("00:01:00"), "Timer" End If End SubYou can invoke the "StartTimer" function when the workbook opens and have it repeat every minute by adding the below code to your workbooks Visual Basic "This.Workbook" class in the Visual Basic editor.
Private Sub Workbook_Open() Module1.StartTimer End SubNow, every time 1 minute passes the Timer procedure will be invoked, and set cell A1 equal to the current time.

#4 ·
That does sound like it might be some fun. Unfortunately though, not only am I over-committed right now, I'm also not qualified to do what you ask. Hopefully someone else with the time and knowledge will drop in here soon.

#10 ·
That does sound like it might be some fun. Unfortunately though, not only am I over-committed right now, I'm also not qualified to do what you ask. Hopefully someone else with the time and knowledge will drop in here soon.
I apologize for asking so much and for not responding sooner. Sometimes health issues get in the way.
Again, I thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.