Update to Windows Error: Failure to configuring Windows Updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diet2001

I have Hp Pavillian, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition, 64bit system.
Everytime Windows downloads Windows updates, it is successfull downloading and installing, however, I then get a message saying: Failure configuring Windows Updates, Reverting Changes, Do Not turn off your computer.

I have gotten Windows Fixit for Windows Updates and installed....but that does not clear up the problem.
I have not wanted to use Restore feature of Windows 7, since I have installed many critical programs that I use.
Is there any other solution out in Cyberspace that will help resolve the "Failure Configuring Windows Updats".
Thank you
Dieter

diet2001

I completed the task that you suggested....but the same thing continues to occur....
Failure to configure Update error appears .....then it reverts Windows to the prior settings.
Do you have any other suggestion.....
Thank you

diet2001

Hi....
I responded earlier to my problems with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit system and the inability for Windows to successfully update critical updates.
Is there any other possible corrective actions to take.....in order for Windows to properly configure the updates after it downloads and installs the updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Dieter

I have the same problem and gone through loads of routines - the computer says that updates have been stalled successfully but when it reboots failiure to configure message comes up and then it reverts

jakey8

Banned
I have the same problem and gone through loads of routines - the computer says that updates have been stalled successfully but when it reboots failiure to configure message comes up and then it reverts
apmh,

Please start your own thread as it can be confusing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online