1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Update?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SpencerW., Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpencerW.

SpencerW. Thread Starter

I updated internet explorer on 11/9/01 to IE6.0 and now when i open it, it takes about 2 minutes before it ever pops up. whats wrong?
    i have a P3 with 128MB ram, and i also can't open outlook express at all, it frezzes up my comp when i try to open outlook.

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. swamprat

swamprat

you might try running the repair tool on IE. disable any virus protection you have running, go to add/remove programs and find IE6 and tools, click the remove button, and choose repair from the list.

3. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

Have you recently uninstalled a McAfee Virus Scan product? I had a simular problem after uninstalling virus scan. The problem I had was a bad or missing copy of imagehlp.dll. If you think the problem might be related to a McAfee product, follow the directions below.

Connect to the Internet.
    Go to the following address: http://support.nai.com/files/vsc/tmp/imagehlp.dll
    A File Download dialog box will then appear asking if you want to open this file or save it to disk. Select to save this file to disk then click the OK button. NOTE: Selecting to save this file to disk does not mean you will be saving it to a floppy diskette. It means you will be saving it to your hard drive.
    A Save As dialog box will then appear. The top of this dialog box contains an option entitled Save In. Click the pull-down arrow for the Save In option and select the (C drive.
    A list of folders on the C drive will then appear in the larger white box. Double click on the Windows folder.
    A new set of folders will then appear. Double click on the System folder.
    Click on the Save button. A message may then appear telling you the file already exists and asking you if you wish to overwrite the file. Click the Yes button.
    The file will then be downloaded.
    When the download is complete logoff the Internet and restart your computer. The performance issues should now be resolved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice