1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Updated 12/29/11): IETab2 now works with FF 3.6+

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Byteman, May 2, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. Computer.help80

Computer.help80

I am currently using IE7 and have problems using some websites it involves navigation of the webpages. I am considering installing Firefox but will it work within IE7. Also, I amworried about getting Mircrosoft updates.

2. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi
    Yes it will work and you will have no problem with updates now You can go to add and remove windows programs and uncheck IE7 then go into internet options /programs and uncheck the box that says IE should check ----------.
    It will be the best move you will make on your pc and I would take a look at thunderbird if you get any problems with outlook express.
    Good luck
    Rex
    PS You do not need the tab now for Firefox 2.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Dumb question, what do you use in FF2?

4. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi john
    What do you mean by What do you use in Firefox 2 In all previous firefox editions you needed the the IE tab to use some sites that only allowed IE to access but FF2 as the tabbed browsing built in you do not need to add the additional IE tab.
    regards
    Rex.

5. Computer.help80

Computer.help80

Post #19. Thanks Rex I think I will try it.

6. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

I doubt it. FF 1.5 is way better than FF 2.0.
    Using 2.0, all of a sudden you are looking at your desktop. FF just disappears. This is without touching a thing, just sitting, reading a page, not even scrolling, arms crossed over chest.
    I have switched to Konqueror.
    I bet if you try Linux, PCLinuxOS, you will never go back to windows.

7. Killazys

Killazys

Switched to Firefox2 after numerous crashes in IE7 due to the use of Google Toolbar's search function. I still cannot play Gunz: The Duel at http://gunz.ijji.com/ even with IE Tab, anyone have any suggestions?

8. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi.
    Firefox 2.0.0.0 had a few bugs.Most have been sorted out now.You need to update to Firefox2.0.0.2
    Regards
    Rex.(y)

9. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

I too have had no problems with 2.0.0.2, at least not on Linux. Can't say with windows absolutely, but I would assume so.

10. ClosedAccount3

ClosedAccount3

Nice... now I never need open IE again :D

11. dreamloverse

dreamloverse

Hi Good Post Keep It Up

12. vinaur

vinaur

Although not quite as convenient as IE Tab, I recommend installing IE Tab Lite. IE Tab has a memory leak (look here) and can slow down your comp. IE Tab Lite is a very similar extension, but instead of embedding the IE window into a firefox tab, it actually opens up IE and directs it to the page you are viewing. As such, IE Tab Lite uses less resources....kind of.

13. Armiris

Armiris

The IE tab only works if you have IE.

14. lister

lister

Or you could use the Launchy extension; you can launch any external app for objects or browser for links & pages.

15. rfeichel

rfeichel

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/464114