1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updated Adobe Now Windows XP Won't Boot Up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LilScoop, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilScoop

LilScoop Thread Starter

I have an old Dell running Microsoft Windows XP, I'm sure SP3 and I believe Home Edition. I rarely use the computer because it is so slow. I turned it on yesterday because I needed to check internet connection. I forgot to turn it back off. I went to turn it off tonight and saw a message on the screen there was an Adobe update. I believe it was a Flash update? I clicked to install and afterwards it said I needed to restart the computer so I clicked restart. I walked away for about 30 minutes and when I came back saw a bunch of white text stating a problem had been detected and it was starting dumping?....I don't know exactly what it said because it was a full page of text. So I turned off the computer from the tower, then turned it back on and now the only thing the computer will now do is open with the words DELL displayed and at the top right there are two options listed: Setup and Boot. I can select either of these options (but then I wouldn't know what to do next) or if I don't select either option, the next screen will be a dark screen with a white flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner. Tried F8 to get into safe mode and control F8 and no go. Any ideas? I've backed up my files and have been working on another computer so I could care less about this one (it's such a dinosaur) but there are some important e-mails in Microsoft Outlook I'd like to retrieve and print out. Any ideas? Thank you so much!

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice