updated desktop now mobile devices cant connect to internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RachaelB

Rachael
my desktop was running slow. so I cleaned it the normal way. antivirus, disk defragmenter, disk cleanup, deleted all caches, etc. the computer was faster. I upgraded my two web browsers that I have, chrome and firefox, and added some extensions. a little bit later I was trying to use my cellphone's wifi to get on the internet and it said failed to identify IP address. My sister and mom checked their cellphones and theirs both said the same thing. this morning I found that our three tablets won't connect either. is there any correlation to me updating my desktop and cleaning up my internet that would do this? I have never had this problem before last night.

TerryNet

Terry
What do you mean by "my internet"?

What do you mean by "cleaning up my internet" and what did you do to perform the "cleaning"?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Also, along with Terry's questions were any of these Clean Up programs a "Registry Cleaner"?

Triple6

Rob
Any work you did on the computer should be unrelated to any issues other devices have unless have a horribly incorrect network setup. You didn't by chance use Network Magic? Or set a static IP address on the computer that may be the same as a router or access point?

REboot your modem and router and see if that restores internet connectivity to all the devices.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts