1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updated to Windows 8.1. No SLI Support for latest Nvidia Drivers.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrVandalous, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrVandalous

MrVandalous Thread Starter

System Specs: Part1 Part2

Lenovo Ideapad Y500: 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Dual Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB

OK, my problem is: No version newer than the GeForce 307.64 Driver will allow me to utilize SLI.

If you wanna see what I mean, here's the before and after.

My problem isn't really the fact that a whole year's worth of bugfixes, security and performance updates have gone away. I can live with that. My problem is, if I use the old driver that allows for me to run in SLI mode, any game that supports SLI causes my laptop to crash (with no BSOD, so I can't get any sort of error code) immediately after it runs. One weird thing is (see Part2): It still shows I have 4GB of vRAM even though only one 2GB graphics card is actually being utilized.

Can someone help me or give me some advice? It's a little frustrating.

It's the difference between holding steady at 60 with vsync in high/ultra on most games or being barely able to run it at all above medium/high.

TL;DR: Updated to Windows 8.1. SLI support went away for the last year of revisions of Nvidia GeForce drivers. Crashes every time I run games in SLI mode on the driver that actually supports it.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. FatedCb

FatedCb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1111020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice