1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updated TSG Report #4

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by oscar51, Jul 18, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. oscar51

oscar51 Thread Starter

An updated version of my TSG Report #4 can be found at

http://mysite.verizon.net/pcredin/tsg/tsgrpt4.html

This report is primarily a documentation of the distribution of TSG posts throughout the membership over time. There is nothing new or profound in the data; it has simply been updated from 10 December 2005 to 30 June 2007.

For those who don't have the time (or stomach) to read the entire report, here are the highlights:

1. The percentage of members who have never made a post has been going down:
    November 2003 - 34.5%
    December 2005 - 31.3%
    June 2007 - 30.8%

2. The percentage of total posts going to the Community Forums has been going up:
    November 2003 - 27%
    December 2005 - 28%
    June 2007 - 31%

3. The number of members who joined during a given month hit an all-time high of 7,756 in April 2007.

4. The average number of posts per posting member per month hit an all-time high of 16.0 in June 2007. The previous high was 12.0 in February 1999.

5. 468 (0.24%) of the 192,307 posting members have made 58.5% of the total posts.

6. The member with the highest average daily posting rate is 'dotty999' with 64.13 posts per day.

7. The member with the highest total number of posts is still AcaCandy. However, posting at a rate of only 37.06 posts per day, she will eventually be overtaken, probably first by angelize56 who is the nearest contender.

8. The day of the month on which the highest number of members joined was the 13th (fancy that) with 9,419 new members. 97 members joined on a February 29th.

9. After downloading and filtering the TSG members list, the size of my input text file containing one line for each of the 277,772 members as of 30 June 2007 was 21.339MB. (That's not in the report; I just threw it in for fun.)

Now, who said we should not keep track of posts?

Note: "Accont Disabled" is misspelled for member 'tonedef06'. If someone with clout will correct the spelling, they are also welcome to remove this note from this post. Thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sad to say, angelize56 died recently, see the thread in announcements, so she'll likely not be posting any more. :(

3. oscar51

oscar51 Thread Starter

Very sorry to hear that. I don't read the announcements so I had no idea. Forgive my faux pas. Perhaps whoever removes my misspelling note can remove my sentence about angelize56. Again, I'm sorry.

4. JohnWill

Not a problem Oscar, just though you'd like to know.

5. hewee

hewee

Maybe Oscar can do a new report just on angelize56 to see how many post were being a Angel helping others. That will keep you busy a long time angelize56. :D

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    FYI, I just corrected the spelling for tonedef06.

Great job, as always, on the report. I'm printing out the full report for next time I'm bored at an airport. Thanks!

7. ferrija1

ferrija1

Wow, that's a great report. (y) (y)

8. valley

valley

Michael! How rude! :eek:

Hey Oscar...I find portions of your reports to be intellectually stimulating and take great pleasure in reading them. ...um...sometimes! ;)

This one truly was an interesting one! Thank you for posting it! :)(y)

9. ferrija1

ferrija1

The full report is really long and takes a while to read, how is that rude?

10. valley

valley

The implication was that he would read it only if he was completely bored. :D Rest assured...I know Mike is a techie and would be interested in reading something like that if he had the time. My intention was just to tease him, not to chastise him seriously...as if I had the right! (thats what made the "tsk tsk" even funnier, so I hoped ;)) My apologies if it was taken the wrong way. :)

11. ferrija1

ferrija1

Ok, I would have been expecting a :p if that were a joke.

12. valley

valley

My humor doesnt always go over as I hope it would. :eek: I almost added to my original post what a shameless suckup I was...only not to Mike. :p

I will remember to stick out my tongue next time! Honestly..sorry it came across the wrong way. My mistake. :)

13. JohnWill

Don't be too hard on yourself, I got it. ;)

14. valley

valley

Thanks John. :)

If anyone else doesnt get it by now then by Gosh, i'm hanging up my comedienne's hat for good! :D

15. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I'm so offended that I may never speak to you again! :p Seriously, though -- I just showed the report to another tech at my office and he was pretty impressed even with a brief glance. :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice