1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updated Win 8 now nothing :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iwantmyid, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iwantmyid

iwantmyid Thread Starter

Hi,

anyone with any ideas?

I've updated Win 8 on a shutdown and now my PC will not boot.

I push the power button and after about 1-2 seconds it powers down and the after a short pause it boots into this loop of
    start off star off etc.

I have all new parts from mother board, case, CPU etc.

I've swapped out the PSU and the same happened with a different one so is it the motherboard?
    Also if i take out the graphics card (gt 220) even less happens (less fan spin and general booting) perhaps .5 - 1 second of booting

I've had the machine running for about perhaps 30 hours in 3 weeks so not much.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

i5 3570k
    P8Z77 V lx
    2x4GB Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz

2. saikee

saikee

I have never had done an upgrade from an old to a new system but my guess is you would have a DVD or CD from the upgrade purchase.

It is possible that you can boot up this CD/DVD to prove the PC is still working.

Also if the CD/DVD boots then you can opt for repair, go into the Command Prompt and carry out repair. If you can work in Command Prompt and the system respond to your commands in a text terminal that pretty much says you PC is working satisfactorily and so you can sort out Windows 8 as purely a software issue.

3. iwantmyid

iwantmyid Thread Starter

The update was just windows updating as normal not a between OS versions.

I think perhaps the motherboard has died.

I've reset the ram, and moved the jumper to delete any bios info but still nothing just 1-2 seconds the off again.

4. saikee

saikee

But you can test the hardware with the original installation DVD!

That beats opening the case, unplug ram and mess around with the bios.

The installation DVD or any installation CD/DVD can communicates with your hardware directly without using the Windows 8 which could be faulty and unbootable if the update was forcibly interrupted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice